Almost missed this show by Ariana Page Russell, who works taking photographs of skin.
“How can that possibly be interesting?” you ask?
Judging by the description, I would have imagined some kind of macro biological photography analysis of skin, but Russell’s photographs of skin are just as much about the human being their stuck onto than the skin itself. Her work is conceptually creative and visually engrossing.
This show at Platform Gallery (114 Third Avenue S, Seattle, WA) closes out tomorrow, so catch it quickly!
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem Film Review (Israel) - April 13, 2015
- The Gambler Film Review: A Dying Breed? - April 13, 2015
- TOP POPS! Neo-Soul w/ Kelela, Lili K, Monophonics, Brownish Black (Premiere) - April 2, 2015
- TOP POPS! Tei Shi, Shy Girls, Oko Tygra, Force Publique (Track Premiere) - March 16, 2015
- DREAMFORCE (#37) Austin SXSW 2015 Unofficial House Party Announcement & Mixtape - March 2, 2015