Almost missed this show by Ariana Page Russell, who works taking photographs of skin.
“How can that possibly be interesting?” you ask?
Judging by the description, I would have imagined some kind of macro biological photography analysis of skin, but Russell’s photographs of skin are just as much about the human being their stuck onto than the skin itself. Her work is conceptually creative and visually engrossing.
This show at Platform Gallery (114 Third Avenue S, Seattle, WA) closes out tomorrow, so catch it quickly!
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Pure Potentiality (#31) Austin 2014 Unofficial House Party Announcement & Mixtape - March 3, 2014
- Gardens & Villa Band Interview: The Realism Behind Contrasting Experiences - February 23, 2014
- Esben and the Witch – When That Head Splits Music Video (Interview w/ Band & Director Rafael Bonilla) - February 21, 2014
- Wintry Music Videos: White Hinterland – Ring The Bell & S. Carey – Fire-Scene - February 17, 2014
- Plastic – I Want U Music Video (MV of the Week) - February 14, 2014