Almost missed this show by Ariana Page Russell, who works taking photographs of skin.
“How can that possibly be interesting?” you ask?
Judging by the description, I would have imagined some kind of macro biological photography analysis of skin, but Russell’s photographs of skin are just as much about the human being their stuck onto than the skin itself. Her work is conceptually creative and visually engrossing.
This show at Platform Gallery (114 Third Avenue S, Seattle, WA) closes out tomorrow, so catch it quickly!
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Vessel – Punish, Honey Album Review (Tri Angle Records) - September 19, 2014
- Emerald & Doreen Records (#34) Futuristic Pop Music Mixtape - September 18, 2014
- Phebe Schmidt Photographer Interview: The Plasticity of the Mundane - September 12, 2014
- MusicFestNW & Bumbershoot Festival 2014: Comparing & Contrasting Two Long-Running Pacific NW Festivals - September 4, 2014
- Top Pops! The Ting Tings, ODESZA, Kilo Kish, synaesthete, Eyelid Kid, Love Inks, S.O.S. Band - August 31, 2014