Almost missed this show by Ariana Page Russell, who works taking photographs of skin.
“How can that possibly be interesting?” you ask?
Judging by the description, I would have imagined some kind of macro biological photography analysis of skin, but Russell’s photographs of skin are just as much about the human being their stuck onto than the skin itself. Her work is conceptually creative and visually engrossing.
This show at Platform Gallery (114 Third Avenue S, Seattle, WA) closes out tomorrow, so catch it quickly!
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Shy Girls – Voyeur’s Gaze Music Video w/ Director Tony Lowe & Bailey Stiles Interview - April 17, 2014
- Spectral Hypnosis, April 2014: Factory Floor, The Notwist, Throwing Snow, David Douglas - April 16, 2014
- Jacques Greene – “No Excuse” Music Video - April 14, 2014
- La Femme Live Show Review (Austin, TX & Portland, OR) - April 9, 2014
- Top Pops! La Femme, Glass Animals ft. Tei Shi, Craft Spells, Hiatus ft. Shura - March 31, 2014