We don’t normally do the “nature photography” thing here on the blog, because — let’s face it — it gets pretty boring sometimes. But now’s as good a time to start showing off some nature shots as any. Unless you’ve been living under a glacier (or not even then these days, I guess), you’ve probably heard of the gnarly volcano that has been erupting in Southeastern Iceland. It’s an amazing opportunity for professional photographers — and much less total amateur photographers from Flickr — to flex their photography muscles and capture the planet literally forming new land mass.
Here are some stunning photographs from everyday folk who are now in Iceland, taking in the unpredictable sights in the land of fire and ice.
Ash greying the white snow, by _Robbi.
An excellent volcanic texture by michel detay.
One more shot by Fredrik, taken from aboard a Cessna.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Autre Ne Veut – World War Pt. 2 Music Video (w/ Arthur Ashin & Director Allie Avital Interview) - August 27, 2015
- FYF Fest 2015 Live Show Review: D’Angelo, Nicolas Jaar, Battles & More - August 27, 2015
- Julie Alpert Artist Interview: Following Forms - August 25, 2015
- Petite Noir – “Best” Music Video (w/ Director Travys Owen & Rochelle Nembhard Interviews) - August 20, 2015
- TOP POPS! Gardens & Villa, Animal Feelings (Music Video Premiere) - August 19, 2015