We don’t normally do the “nature photography” thing here on the blog, because — let’s face it — it gets pretty boring sometimes. But now’s as good a time to start showing off some nature shots as any. Unless you’ve been living under a glacier (or not even then these days, I guess), you’ve probably heard of the gnarly volcano that has been erupting in Southeastern Iceland. It’s an amazing opportunity for professional photographers — and much less total amateur photographers from Flickr — to flex their photography muscles and capture the planet literally forming new land mass.
Here are some stunning photographs from everyday folk who are now in Iceland, taking in the unpredictable sights in the land of fire and ice.
Ash greying the white snow, by _Robbi.
An excellent volcanic texture by michel detay.
One more shot by Fredrik, taken from aboard a Cessna.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Alice Cohen Animator Interview & Music Video Retrospective - July 28, 2014
- Top Pops! Bondax, YAWN, Generationals, Wet, AERS & More - July 25, 2014
- Sam Songailo Artist Interview: Sci-Fi Futures & Electronic Beats (Geometric Spaces 001) - July 15, 2014
- Phone Call – I’ll Get My Coat Music Video Premiere & 12″ Debut - July 8, 2014
- Melodium – Midpoint Music Video Premiere - July 4, 2014