Torino, Italy’s Simona Cordero paints mesmerizing watercolor settings of common childhood stories but manages to see them in a light that is neither exhausted nor exhaustive. Take for instance, Cinderella (below), which is Cinderella when one studies closely, but could simply just be a fanciful everyday situation. Or take the rabbit with hearts checkering its body, and one might see an Alice In Wonderland influence, but then again — not really. With this ability to weave in and out of reality and an illustrated world, Cordero truly paints some endearing images that make you think her characters are definitely having more fun than you are… ESPECIALLY the pirate on the zebra and the sailor girl on the whale.
mago di Oz
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Emerald & Doreen Records (#34) Futuristic Pop Music Mixtape - September 18, 2014
- Phebe Schmidt Photographer Interview: The Plasticity of the Mundane - September 12, 2014
- MusicFestNW & Bumbershoot Festival 2014: Comparing & Contrasting Two Long-Running Pacific NW Festivals - September 4, 2014
- Top Pops! The Ting Tings, ODESZA, Kilo Kish, synaesthete, Eyelid Kid, Love Inks, S.O.S. Band - August 31, 2014
- Chad Wys Artist Interview: Colorful Blurs of Digital & Analog (Colorburst 003) - August 14, 2014