Torino, Italy’s Simona Cordero paints mesmerizing watercolor settings of common childhood stories but manages to see them in a light that is neither exhausted nor exhaustive. Take for instance, Cinderella (below), which is Cinderella when one studies closely, but could simply just be a fanciful everyday situation. Or take the rabbit with hearts checkering its body, and one might see an Alice In Wonderland influence, but then again — not really. With this ability to weave in and out of reality and an illustrated world, Cordero truly paints some endearing images that make you think her characters are definitely having more fun than you are… ESPECIALLY the pirate on the zebra and the sailor girl on the whale.
mago di Oz
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Amy O’Neal – Opposing Forces Dance Performance Review - October 26, 2015
- Empress Of – Standard Music Video (Interviews w/ Lorely Rodriguez & Director Zaiba Jabbar) - October 9, 2015
- Matthew Craven Artist Interview: Getting Existential Through Pattern, History & Anthropology - October 6, 2015
- Lucy Yim – Devastation Melody Performance (TBA Festival 2015) - September 29, 2015
- Mind Over Mirrors – Strange(r) Work Music Video (w/ Musician & Director Timothy Breen Interview) - September 24, 2015