Torino, Italy’s Simona Cordero paints mesmerizing watercolor settings of common childhood stories but manages to see them in a light that is neither exhausted nor exhaustive. Take for instance, Cinderella (below), which is Cinderella when one studies closely, but could simply just be a fanciful everyday situation. Or take the rabbit with hearts checkering its body, and one might see an Alice In Wonderland influence, but then again — not really. With this ability to weave in and out of reality and an illustrated world, Cordero truly paints some endearing images that make you think her characters are definitely having more fun than you are… ESPECIALLY the pirate on the zebra and the sailor girl on the whale.
mago di Oz
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Autre Ne Veut – World War Pt. 2 Music Video (w/ Arthur Ashin & Director Allie Avital Interview) - August 27, 2015
- FYF Fest 2015 Live Show Review: D’Angelo, Nicolas Jaar, Battles & More - August 27, 2015
- Julie Alpert Artist Interview: Following Forms - August 25, 2015
- Petite Noir – “Best” Music Video (w/ Director Travys Owen & Rochelle Nembhard Interviews) - August 20, 2015
- TOP POPS! Gardens & Villa, Animal Feelings (Music Video Premiere) - August 19, 2015