Torino, Italy’s Simona Cordero paints mesmerizing watercolor settings of common childhood stories but manages to see them in a light that is neither exhausted nor exhaustive. Take for instance, Cinderella (below), which is Cinderella when one studies closely, but could simply just be a fanciful everyday situation. Or take the rabbit with hearts checkering its body, and one might see an Alice In Wonderland influence, but then again — not really. With this ability to weave in and out of reality and an illustrated world, Cordero truly paints some endearing images that make you think her characters are definitely having more fun than you are… ESPECIALLY the pirate on the zebra and the sailor girl on the whale.
mago di Oz
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- TOP POPS! Tei Shi, Shy Girls, Oko Tygra, Force Publique (Track Premiere) - March 16, 2015
- DREAMFORCE (#37) Austin SXSW 2015 Unofficial House Party Announcement & Mixtape - March 2, 2015
- The Tribe – Плем’я – Plemya Film Review (Ukraine) - February 17, 2015
- Portland International Film Festival (PIFF) 2015 Film Previews & Selections - February 2, 2015
- Sara Jackson-Holman – “Haunt Me” Music Video Premiere (Natasha Kmeto Remix) - January 28, 2015