Thursday, August 25th, 2011
Doors 8:30pm, Show 9:00pm
@ Holocene, Portland
After last winter’s successful MMMicrofestival, REDEFINE magazine returns to Holocene to bring you another evening of bounds-pushing cross-disciplinary performances.
INTUITIVE NAVIGATION invites like-minded performers from Portland and Seattle to transform the atmosphere of Holocene into a hypnotic, self-reflective zone. Five bands will showcase the spectrum of possibility found in psychedelic music while focusing on one central goal: to unite concertgoers in a similar consciousness of meditative bliss.
Bands will pair up with at least one dancer and one visual artist for costumed performances which celebrate the act of ritual — a mode of expression as symbolically cathartic as it is aesthetically pleasant. Drawing inspiration from philosophers of mythology such as Joseph Campbell, C.G. Jung, and Alan Watts, performers will explore the ways in which decisive physical actions, when imbued with the intentions of their authors, can become healing and transcendent acts.
Join us as we revel in the godlike vision of artists and delight in their peculiar magic.
FOR PRESS INQUIRIES:
VIVIAN HUA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GINA ALTAMURA (email@example.com)
TRANSCENDING SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS ++ REVELING IN SHARED PARADIGMS
About REDEFINE Magazine
Born in May 2004, REDEFINE is a robust publication which covers niche subgenres and is comprised of selective musical tastemakers. The publication stays true to its ideals by employing democratic processes and by not compromising quality for quantity; REDEFINE takes pride in curating innovative, genre-bridging events, and takes the same approach to its arts coverage. (MORE)
Holocene is a venue space located in SE Portland, Oregon. In addition to traditional shows with local and touring bands and club nights, it sets itself apart by consistently offering innovative, well-curated cross-disciplinary events. (MORE)
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Chad Wys Artist Interview: Colorful Blurs of Digital & Analog (Colorburst 003) - August 14, 2014
- Bear In Heaven – Time Between Music Video (Interview w/ Jon Philpot & Director Nick Bentgen) - August 8, 2014
- I Origins Film Review & Interview w/ Director Mike Cahill: Notes on Spiritual Subjectivity and Artistic Magnetism - August 7, 2014
- Mark Dorf Artist Interview: Scientific Approaches to Artistic Practice (Geometric Spaces 002) - August 4, 2014
- Alice Cohen Animator Interview & Music Video Retrospective - July 28, 2014