The SF Moma blog has taken to publishing a series of Positive Signs, which is described as, “a weekly series of interpretive diagrams, quotes, and speculations on creativity, optimism*, and the lives of artists, published every Wednesday through June. (*Notwithstanding brief forays into the nature of space, stuff, experience, and cognition.)”
#25, #26, and #27, created by Christine Wong Yap with glitter pen on gridded vellum, utilizes careful precision with a finicky medium on a finicky material (trust me; glitter pens are indeed finicky, as is vellum!) to create pieces that are refreshingly big picture. These images speak abstractly about “universal truths,” giving equal weight to feeling and thought in literary and graphical manners. The quotes are from the book Space and Place: The Perspective of Experience by Yi-Fu Tuan… which apparently I need to read, with immediacy.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Swahili Band Interview: Journeys of AMOVREVX - June 25, 2015
- Sóley – Icelandic Musician Interview: Ask The Deep - June 17, 2015
- TOP POPS! Zac Nelson – “Let This Unravel” (Music Video Premiere), The Holydrug Couple - June 16, 2015
- TOP POPS! Seance Crasher (Music Video Premiere), Michael Rault, Daniel Rafn - June 8, 2015
- TOP POPS! Lost Lander (Track Premiere), Royal Canoe, Gacha - June 2, 2015