The SF Moma blog has taken to publishing a series of Positive Signs, which is described as, “a weekly series of interpretive diagrams, quotes, and speculations on creativity, optimism*, and the lives of artists, published every Wednesday through June. (*Notwithstanding brief forays into the nature of space, stuff, experience, and cognition.)”
#25, #26, and #27, created by Christine Wong Yap with glitter pen on gridded vellum, utilizes careful precision with a finicky medium on a finicky material (trust me; glitter pens are indeed finicky, as is vellum!) to create pieces that are refreshingly big picture. These images speak abstractly about “universal truths,” giving equal weight to feeling and thought in literary and graphical manners. The quotes are from the book Space and Place: The Perspective of Experience by Yi-Fu Tuan… which apparently I need to read, with immediacy.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- The Tribe – Плем’я – Plemya Film Review (Ukraine) - February 17, 2015
- Portland International Film Festival (PIFF) 2015 Film Previews & Selections - February 2, 2015
- Sara Jackson-Holman – “Haunt Me” Music Video Premiere (Natasha Kmeto Remix) - January 28, 2015
- PICA Giving Tuesday Mixtape Curated by Intuitive Navigation DJs - January 13, 2015
- Album Covers of the Year 2014 Interviews - December 17, 2014