Our event officially began… late… and with a few cancellations. What we’ve learned is: getting bands to a noon o’ clock show during SXSW is quite difficult. And who can blame them, really?
Dana Poblete of Batwings Catwings welcomes us.
Mike Garcia of House Of Commons is seriously one of the most amazing people we met on this trip. We could -not- have done it without him. The man is practically selfless. He gave up his room for us to store music gear and beers. Literally gave it up. Propped up his mattress, slept on the sofa… we owe Mike a world of thanks. Thanks, Mike!
We also owe Dana Vanderford, bartender extraordinaire, another world of thanks (it might be difficult to attain this many worlds of thanks). We truly could not have done it without her either, and she really knows how to extort a tip out of a show-going human!
Hand-written setlists? Yes!
Batwings Catwings lounging all pretty-like.
Prison might be a sitcom family in this picture.
Tôg making faces only a Norwegian mother can love.
Tarek Wegner of The Night Beats making faces, getting fed beer, kicking shit over…
A before and after of the inside (dining room to psychedelic rock stage)!
This guy is apparently photogenic. Or likes to take photos. In another life, he might be a Dos Equis model. He’s certainly having more fun than the guy directly behind him.
REDEFINE photographer Koury Angelo being all shadowy and photographer-y.
People, doing things.
No $300 ticket? In the end, we win.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Pure Potentiality (#31) Austin 2014 Unofficial House Party Announcement & Mixtape - March 3, 2014
- Gardens & Villa Band Interview: The Realism Behind Contrasting Experiences - February 23, 2014
- Esben and the Witch – When That Head Splits Music Video (Interview w/ Band & Director Rafael Bonilla) - February 21, 2014
- Wintry Music Videos: White Hinterland – Ring The Bell & S. Carey – Fire-Scene - February 17, 2014
- Plastic – I Want U Music Video (MV of the Week) - February 14, 2014