A Grain Of Sand Trailer
Former newspaper editor Brendon Grimshaw decided one day to give up his career to live instead on Moyenne Island, a small island he purchased for ten-thousand pounds. In his thirty-seven years there, Grimshaw transformed the island by planting trees and creating nature trails, turning it into a remote paradise free of excessive development or outside influence. But without children to inherit his legacy, developers are eagerly waiting to encroach upon the island as soon as Grimshaw passes away. A Grain Of Sand openly questions the repercussions that development and commercial growth have upon the environment, in the name of greed, and often in the name of ecotourism.
If the trailer above sparks your interest, you can see a Q&A with the director below about the aftermath of the film, and you can also stream the entire film for $3 below.
Directed by Joseph Johnson Cami
The following two tabs change content below.
Vivian Hua is the Editor-in-Chief of REDEFINE magazine, as well as a master of globetrotting for free and evading traditional 9-to-5 work schedules. She enjoys observing human idiosyncrasies perhaps more than anything and is a magnet for homeless people (a joy) and bug bites of all types (absolutely terrible). Marshmallows – while not really food – are one of her favorite foods, especially if they are freezered, stale, or fire-toasted. She doesn’t want to space travel, really, which is an unpopular view these days. Her design work, astrological chart, and other crap can be seen at www.inallthings-patterns.net.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Shy Girls – Voyeur’s Gaze Music Video w/ Director Tony Lowe & Bailey Stiles Interview - April 17, 2014
- Spectral Hypnosis, April 2014: Factory Floor, The Notwist, Throwing Snow, David Douglas - April 16, 2014
- Jacques Greene – “No Excuse” Music Video - April 14, 2014
- La Femme Live Show Review (Austin, TX & Portland, OR) - April 9, 2014
- Top Pops! La Femme, Glass Animals ft. Tei Shi, Craft Spells, Hiatus ft. Shura - March 31, 2014