Beca caught our eye earlier this year with her single and music video for “Fall Into Light” (see our interview with Beca and the music video directors).
The lady is now back with “Born To Fly”, which features sensual percussive rhythms that balance out breathy, feminine vocals, the combination of which lies somewhere between babymaking R&B material and water-cruising audio-oasis. Her upcoming EP of the same name will be released November 20th via This Is Music LTD.
Like a dubstep-influenced take on the indie R&B sounds of How To Dress Well, BE/\R//FVCE’s “Taste My Sad” certainly isn’t for everyone, but allures me with its calming nostalgic qualities and constant ebb and flow.
A laid back doo-wop ditty by 20-year-old Kirby Kaiser. Nothing much here save for dreamy ’50s harmonies, simplicity, and a focus on her soulful vocal qualities.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Flatsitter Artist-Musician Interview: On Interactive Albums, Surround-Sound Installations, Visual Poetry & More - July 31, 2015
- LA Priest – Inji Album Review (Domino Records) - July 14, 2015
- BRAIDS – Miniskirt Music Video (w/ Raphaelle Standell-Preston Interview) - July 8, 2015
- Swahili Band Interview: Journeys of AMOVREVX - June 25, 2015
- Sóley – Icelandic Musician Interview: Ask The Deep - June 17, 2015