Beca caught our eye earlier this year with her single and music video for “Fall Into Light” (see our interview with Beca and the music video directors).
The lady is now back with “Born To Fly”, which features sensual percussive rhythms that balance out breathy, feminine vocals, the combination of which lies somewhere between babymaking R&B material and water-cruising audio-oasis. Her upcoming EP of the same name will be released November 20th via This Is Music LTD.
Like a dubstep-influenced take on the indie R&B sounds of How To Dress Well, BE/\R//FVCE’s “Taste My Sad” certainly isn’t for everyone, but allures me with its calming nostalgic qualities and constant ebb and flow.
A laid back doo-wop ditty by 20-year-old Kirby Kaiser. Nothing much here save for dreamy ’50s harmonies, simplicity, and a focus on her soulful vocal qualities.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Matthew Craven Artist Interview: Getting Existential Through Pattern, History & Anthropology - October 6, 2015
- Lucy Yim – Devastation Melody Performance (TBA Festival 2015) - September 29, 2015
- Mind Over Mirrors – Strange(r) Work Music Video (w/ Musician & Director Timothy Breen Interview) - September 24, 2015
- Gardens & Villa – Maximize Music Video / Mini-Documentary (w/ Musician & Director Interviews) - September 10, 2015
- Alice Cohen – Backwards Music Video (w/ Musician & Director Micki Pellerano Interview) - September 4, 2015