Beca caught our eye earlier this year with her single and music video for “Fall Into Light” (see our interview with Beca and the music video directors).
The lady is now back with “Born To Fly”, which features sensual percussive rhythms that balance out breathy, feminine vocals, the combination of which lies somewhere between babymaking R&B material and water-cruising audio-oasis. Her upcoming EP of the same name will be released November 20th via This Is Music LTD.
Like a dubstep-influenced take on the indie R&B sounds of How To Dress Well, BE/\R//FVCE’s “Taste My Sad” certainly isn’t for everyone, but allures me with its calming nostalgic qualities and constant ebb and flow.
A laid back doo-wop ditty by 20-year-old Kirby Kaiser. Nothing much here save for dreamy ’50s harmonies, simplicity, and a focus on her soulful vocal qualities.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Emerald & Doreen Records (#34) Futuristic Pop Music Mixtape - September 18, 2014
- Phebe Schmidt Photographer Interview: The Plasticity of the Mundane - September 12, 2014
- MusicFestNW & Bumbershoot Festival 2014: Comparing & Contrasting Two Long-Running Pacific NW Festivals - September 4, 2014
- Top Pops! The Ting Tings, ODESZA, Kilo Kish, synaesthete, Eyelid Kid, Love Inks, S.O.S. Band - August 31, 2014
- Chad Wys Artist Interview: Colorful Blurs of Digital & Analog (Colorburst 003) - August 14, 2014