Beca caught our eye earlier this year with her single and music video for “Fall Into Light” (see our interview with Beca and the music video directors).
The lady is now back with “Born To Fly”, which features sensual percussive rhythms that balance out breathy, feminine vocals, the combination of which lies somewhere between babymaking R&B material and water-cruising audio-oasis. Her upcoming EP of the same name will be released November 20th via This Is Music LTD.
Like a dubstep-influenced take on the indie R&B sounds of How To Dress Well, BE/\R//FVCE’s “Taste My Sad” certainly isn’t for everyone, but allures me with its calming nostalgic qualities and constant ebb and flow.
A laid back doo-wop ditty by 20-year-old Kirby Kaiser. Nothing much here save for dreamy ’50s harmonies, simplicity, and a focus on her soulful vocal qualities.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Chad Wys Artist Interview: Colorful Blurs of Digital & Analog (Colorburst 003) - August 14, 2014
- Bear In Heaven – Time Between Music Video (Interview w/ Jon Philpot & Director Nick Bentgen) - August 8, 2014
- I Origins Film Review & Interview w/ Director Mike Cahill: Notes on Spiritual Subjectivity and Artistic Magnetism - August 7, 2014
- Mark Dorf Artist Interview: Scientific Approaches to Artistic Practice (Geometric Spaces 002) - August 4, 2014
- Alice Cohen Animator Interview & Music Video Retrospective - July 28, 2014