Emil & Friends
Emil & Friends’ last two releases, 2011’s Lo & Behold and 2010’s Downed Economy EP, have been reliable releases year after year. This year’s short five-track EP (with two tracks and three remixes) does not pack quite the same punch, but the track below, “Internal Affairs” is veritably Emil & Friends, in the best of groovy and swaggery ways. You can also hear a minimix of the rest of the release on Kitsune’s Website. It features “Internal Affairs” along with another original track, “Royal Oats”, and three remixes of “Royal Oats” by Dubka, Radial, and DVNO.
Spain’s Cocolixe now have a second EP entitled Doméstico, out now on the Boston netlabel No-Source. The four tracks of playful electropop contain everything from Prince-like funkiness to old film score homages — but whether or not you’ll jive with the EP basically boils down to whether or not you can get into the lethargic vocal stylings. Those who approve will find below them some bonafied grooves, with the repetitive and guitar-driven “Mai” being the major highlight.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Spectral Hypnosis: Stellar OM Source, HITS (Track Premiere) - May 20, 2015
- H. Film Review (Rania Attieh & Daniel Garcia, 2014) - May 18, 2015
- Spectral Hypnosis: Contact Cult (Music Video Premiere), We Are Ghosts - May 12, 2015
- TOP POPS! Shameboy, Rebeka, XUXA Santamaria (Video Premiere) - April 24, 2015
- Spectral Hypnosis: Föllakzoid, Archival Feedback (Track Premiere) - April 21, 2015