Says Goni of the project: “Sel [Balamir of Amplifier’s plan was to create a sequence of paintings inspired by fractal imagery. The process was exciting as Sel gave me this one solid starting point then urged me to run with any possible inspiration that came of it. Like walking a dog to the park and taking the leash off, I went crazy.”
Below, the full fractal sequence, followed by initial sketches and links where you can purchase the epic collection (for a fairly reasonable price, all things considered).
Amplifier – “The Octopus”
NOTE FROM THE OCTOPUS WEBSITE:
The 2nd Edition of The Octopus.
We said it would happen, and here it is.
Bigger and weirder than ever – the new three disc edition clocks in at a weighty 112 pages, with new additional graphic chapters added by Goni Montes and Sel. The idea of The Octopus is expanded much further than in the original.
The cover is made from a kind of raw form of Kevlar that is inked silver.
It is very very yummy.
Best of all, The Octopus 2.0 features the names of around 3000 people that bought it initially directly from us. You have been worked in and are part of The Octopus story. Reading through everybody’s names in itself is a fantastic journey through the disintegration of information just as we hoped it would become, and shows what a wide and varied bunch we all are. Without all those people – there would be no Octopus.
As well as the new and expanded book design, the CDs have been remade and injected with dye to complete the futuristic vibe, and also FOR THE ONE AND ONLY TIME EVER – Fractal has been petrified into a polycarbonate CD so everyone who hates downloads can have a real copy of it.
Not only that, but on the Fractal CD we’ve also included a 27 minute film about making The Octopus, that we shot while we were deep in the midst of creation.
If you like things about studios, knobs, faders and the process of recording you’ll probably find this film really, really interesting – otherwise if you don’t like those things – you’ll probably find it really, really dull….
Anyway – here it is….
750 copies – That’s it.
First come – First served.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Lucy Yim – Devastation Melody Performance (TBA Festival 2015) - September 29, 2015
- Mind Over Mirrors – Strange(r) Work Music Video (w/ Musician & Director Timothy Breen Interview) - September 24, 2015
- Gardens & Villa – Maximize Music Video / Mini-Documentary (w/ Musician & Director Interviews) - September 10, 2015
- Alice Cohen – Backwards Music Video (w/ Musician & Director Micki Pellerano Interview) - September 4, 2015
- Autre Ne Veut – World War Pt. 2 Music Video (w/ Arthur Ashin & Director Allie Avital Interview) - August 27, 2015