Noble and Irvine’s collaborations are inspired by Exquisite Corpse, a Surrealist invention that serves as a mode of artistic interplay between individuals. Drawings are exchanged back and forth to evolve an image spontaneously and to create an organic, ever-unstable narrative.
In the case of Noble and Irvine, this results in works that they describe as “unutterably absurd, sexually graphic and loaded with scientific as well as ‘new age’ theories” — a natural output considering their respective influences. Noble cites interest in themes such as “the origins of man, Megalithic monuments, ancient civilizations, shamanism, psychedelia, cultural truth, skepticism, and spiritualism”, and Irvine finds equal interest in “the exploration of the subconscious and the relationship with mind, sold, and body.”
Madness unfolds from there, to be seen in the batch images below. Some of Noble and Irvine’s solo works to follow.
Kyle Noble & Jamie Irvine – Collaborative Works (cont’d)
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- O’Death – ROAM Music Video Premiere (w/ Q&A Interview) - October 21, 2014
- Midday Veil – Without And Within Music Video Premiere - October 2, 2014
- Nathan Hayden Artist Inteview: On Nature, Ritual Dance & Induced Visions - September 25, 2014
- Emerald & Doreen Records (#34) Futuristic Pop Music Mixtape - September 18, 2014
- Phebe Schmidt Photographer Interview: The Plasticity of the Mundane - September 12, 2014