Nondeterministic Algorithm. shown below, is a series of seven ink drawings on paper that use repetition of the same shapes to plot unique paths in three-dimensional space, like slithering cosmic Slinkys. Given their color palettes, one might almost expect for them to pop out and swallow you into a cascading vortex, upon one’s donning of a pair of 3-D glasses — or perhaps even without.
The show is on display through April 28th, 2012. Below, Colosky gives some insight into his artwork.
Says Colosky about his own art:
In my artistic practice I seek beauty in common or industrial materials and processes by altering their standard functions. Drawing on my own family history in the building trades, I delve into the character of materials and building process and then deconstruct them with ideas they would not typically be associated with. I look to take what is familiar and ubiquitous in our lives and show that another dimension of esthetics and thought can be achieved with these materials. I like to set up a polarity of familiarity and unfamiliarity as a way to engage the viewer and allow for a gateway to question what is considered pedestrian and what is considered high art. Ultimately I strive to create a formal language with my work that references my experiences of personal transformation that happened through having belief in the unfamiliar and openness to strange new possibilities.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- TOP POPS! Tei Shi, Shy Girls, Oko Tygra, Force Publique (Track Premiere) - March 16, 2015
- DREAMFORCE (#37) Austin SXSW 2015 Unofficial House Party Announcement & Mixtape - March 2, 2015
- The Tribe – Плем’я – Plemya Film Review (Ukraine) - February 17, 2015
- Portland International Film Festival (PIFF) 2015 Film Previews & Selections - February 2, 2015
- Sara Jackson-Holman – “Haunt Me” Music Video Premiere (Natasha Kmeto Remix) - January 28, 2015