Nondeterministic Algorithm. shown below, is a series of seven ink drawings on paper that use repetition of the same shapes to plot unique paths in three-dimensional space, like slithering cosmic Slinkys. Given their color palettes, one might almost expect for them to pop out and swallow you into a cascading vortex, upon one’s donning of a pair of 3-D glasses — or perhaps even without.
The show is on display through April 28th, 2012. Below, Colosky gives some insight into his artwork.
Says Colosky about his own art:
In my artistic practice I seek beauty in common or industrial materials and processes by altering their standard functions. Drawing on my own family history in the building trades, I delve into the character of materials and building process and then deconstruct them with ideas they would not typically be associated with. I look to take what is familiar and ubiquitous in our lives and show that another dimension of esthetics and thought can be achieved with these materials. I like to set up a polarity of familiarity and unfamiliarity as a way to engage the viewer and allow for a gateway to question what is considered pedestrian and what is considered high art. Ultimately I strive to create a formal language with my work that references my experiences of personal transformation that happened through having belief in the unfamiliar and openness to strange new possibilities.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Autre Ne Veut – World War Pt. 2 Music Video (w/ Arthur Ashin & Director Allie Avital Interview) - August 27, 2015
- FYF Fest 2015 Live Show Review: D’Angelo, Nicolas Jaar, Battles & More - August 27, 2015
- Julie Alpert Artist Interview: Following Forms - August 25, 2015
- Petite Noir – “Best” Music Video (w/ Director Travys Owen & Rochelle Nembhard Interviews) - August 20, 2015
- TOP POPS! Gardens & Villa, Animal Feelings (Music Video Premiere) - August 19, 2015