Seattle’s Flatcolor Gallery is taking a hiatus for the summer! But before then, they will be moving out of their long-standing Pioneer Square location (528 1st Ave. S, Seattle), and are inviting you to join them for a folkloric show of Stacey Rozich‘s new works.
The opening is tomorrow, April 5th, from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Select pieces are displayed below, and more can be see here.
“I used to write a lot of stories as a kid. They would just be really long meandering fairytales, and then I realized I maybe wasn’t that good at it. As I got older, I learned that if you can convey a story with an image, then you’re good; you’re golden. So I focused on having this background narrative that wasn’t quite obvious, yet each piece has a little vignette — a little drama in it.”
– Stacey Rozich, in an interview with REDEFINE
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Top Pops! Bondax, YAWN, Generationals, Wet, AERS & More - July 25, 2014
- Sam Songailo Artist Interview: Sci-Fi Futures & Electronic Beats (Geometric Spaces 001) - July 15, 2014
- Phone Call – I’ll Get My Coat Music Video Premiere & 12″ Debut - July 8, 2014
- Melodium – Midpoint Music Video Premiere - July 4, 2014
- Torkil Gudnason Photographer Interview: Hot Bodies & Electric Blossoms (Colorburst 002) - July 3, 2014