Seattle’s Flatcolor Gallery is taking a hiatus for the summer! But before then, they will be moving out of their long-standing Pioneer Square location (528 1st Ave. S, Seattle), and are inviting you to join them for a folkloric show of Stacey Rozich‘s new works.
The opening is tomorrow, April 5th, from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Select pieces are displayed below, and more can be see here.
“I used to write a lot of stories as a kid. They would just be really long meandering fairytales, and then I realized I maybe wasn’t that good at it. As I got older, I learned that if you can convey a story with an image, then you’re good; you’re golden. So I focused on having this background narrative that wasn’t quite obvious, yet each piece has a little vignette — a little drama in it.”
— Stacey Rozich, in an interview with REDEFINE
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Autre Ne Veut – World War Pt. 2 Music Video (w/ Arthur Ashin & Director Allie Avital Interview) - August 27, 2015
- FYF Fest 2015 Live Show Review: D’Angelo, Nicolas Jaar, Battles & More - August 27, 2015
- Julie Alpert Artist Interview: Following Forms - August 25, 2015
- Petite Noir – “Best” Music Video (w/ Director Travys Owen & Rochelle Nembhard Interviews) - August 20, 2015
- TOP POPS! Gardens & Villa, Animal Feelings (Music Video Premiere) - August 19, 2015