After finishing up a recent series of tour dates with Kishi Bashi, Virginia’s My Darling Fury are now premiering to the world their bright and bushy-tailed new track, “Spilled Milk”. An intentionally positive spin on a negative interaction with a former romantic partner, the track turns sunshine into darkness with glittery landscapes of instrumentals and lead vocals by Danny Reyes which soar high over everything. Indeed, the vocals are the shining focus of the track and what encourages listeners to come back repeatedly — and to those who understand its intentions, Reyes’ fascinating incorporation of English idioms will be charming. Explains Reyes in the press release:
“Typically, I’d write a song about what a jerk that guy was but this time I thought I’d focus on the guy who was there and tried to console me. This song has a lot of American idioms and sayings in it: life is a cabaret, when life gives you lemon make lemonade, no use in crying over spilled milk, make the bed now lie in it, I shit the bed, and paint the town red. It will be impossible to translate into another language.” – Danny Reyes
The following two tabs change content below.
Vivian Hua wears a lot of random hats, but has somewhat mastered globetrotting like a hobo and evading traditional 9-to-5 work schedules. She enjoys observing human idiosyncrasies perhaps more than anything and is a magnet for homeless people (a joy) and bug bites of all types (absolutely terrible). Through her work, she hopes to embrace the temporary while documenting the nostalgic, using divination and dream symbolism as guides through the cosmic maze. Additional writing, art, video, and other crap, like her astrological chart, can be seen at www.inallthings-patterns.net. She is the Editor-in-Chief of REDEFINE magazine, and quite appreciates unsolicited personal e-mails just to shoot the shit and narrow the gaps between human beings.
Latest posts by Vivian Hua (see all)
- Matthew Craven Artist Interview: Getting Existential Through Pattern, History & Anthropology - October 6, 2015
- Lucy Yim – Devastation Melody Performance (TBA Festival 2015) - September 29, 2015
- Mind Over Mirrors – Strange(r) Work Music Video (w/ Musician & Director Timothy Breen Interview) - September 24, 2015
- Gardens & Villa – Maximize Music Video / Mini-Documentary (w/ Musician & Director Interviews) - September 10, 2015
- Alice Cohen – Backwards Music Video (w/ Musician & Director Micki Pellerano Interview) - September 4, 2015